ProjectsCopper Mountain MineHistorical Milestones
- Full season with secondary crusher. Record site operating costs. Record total operating costs. Record quarterly mill throughput: 37,400tpd (Q3 2015). 80 million lbs Cu sold.
- Installation of the new secondary crusher was completed in July, on budget and on schedule, to increase mill throughput and improve mine profitability.
- Implementation of short term crushing strategies initiated to improve production and mill efficiencies.
- Permanent secondary crusher installation initiated to ensure consistent SAG mill feed.
- Significant progress achieved on the ramp up to full production.
- Construction of $438 million project completed on schedule and on budget.
- Commissioning of processing facilities underway.
- Major milling equipment is delivered onsite.
- Mine Permits received.
- $322 million project debt financing secured.
- Pre–production mining begins.
- Excavations of mill site and foundation initiated.
- Mitsubishi Materials Corporation purchases 25% of the project.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with Mitsubishi Materials as a strategic partner.
- Additional 60,000 meter drill program was completed, which expanded the resource by 45% to 5 billion lbs Cu.
- Positive feasibility study completed mid–year confirmed economic viability.
- Copper Mountain acquired the property and immediately started a 44,000 meter drill program.
- Successful geophysical Titan 24 Survey completed.